Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Not So Profound

Thought I should write something profound for once. You know, like the things I read on other people's websites. I've been reading www.jmbertrand.com with great relish. Anyways, my deep thought for today: most of our problems in society today are related to selfishness. An "I" problem. I guess that's the root of all sin, isn't it? Man choosing to please himself rather than God? Not that we can, in and of ourselves, please God. An example of this is the attempt to legalize homosexual marriages today. The root cause is people choosing what pleases them; giving little thought to the implications of their choices. But on the other hand, we've gotten to this place because Christians do the exact same thing. We only choose to act upon those issues that directly affect us. Until then, the issue is just "out there."
__________________________

No comments: