Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Identity Crisis

No, I'm not having an identity crisis but I could be. After all, I have no less than a dozen log-in names for the different software programs and forums I use, not to mention as many passwords. When I ran out of variations on my name, I started using my dog's name and he has just as many nicknames, etc. I can get quite confusing.

Most of these screen names and logins are necessary for my own security on the Internet. No matter what login name I use though, I am really just Dianne. I don't want to hide behind an anonymous name so I can say things I'd never really say if I were face to face with people. I am still accountable for every word I speak or write and I try to remember that.

The most important thing though, is not "who am I?" My identity is in Christ. I am nothing without Him. I can't say I don't want to be known - my goal as a writer is to be published. But my ultimate goal is to reflect Christ in every word I speak or write, and in all I do. Paul expressed this desire best in Galatians when he said, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20 NIV)

No comments: