Sunday, July 09, 2006

ABC Meme

Susanne at Living to Tell the Story has tagged me for a fun meme. I didn't tag anyone else but feel free to participate on your blog and leave me a comment if you do so I can check out your answers.

ACCENT:
None that I know but I could listen to an Irish brogue all day long!

BIBLE BOOK THAT I LIKE: James and Philippians have always been favorites of mine. I love the rich descriptions of God's power in Job too.

CHORE THAT I DON'T CARE FOR: Cleaning out the sink strainer and folding laundry have to be lowest on my list, although I try (at least with laundry) to remember to do it happily! The sink strainer - ugh, I usually leave that for him to empty because it grosses me out.

DOG OR CAT: We have one of each but I'd be happy with just a dog. (Said cat was husband's before we got married).

ESSENTIAL ELECTRONICS: TV and my laptop.

FAVORITE MOVIE: Hmmm, I think my all time favorite must be The Princess Bride, followed by Finding Forrester, Sense & Sensibility, Nicholas Nickleby and (haven't finished watching it yet) Pride and Predjudice.

GOLD OR SILVER: Gold please.

HANDBAG I CARRY MOST OFTEN: I have a khaki-colored canvas knapsack that I just love because it allows me to sneak a book everywhere I go.

INSOMNIA: way too often

JOB TITLES: Customer service rep (at our lovely company the official title is "Customer Service Expert") but have also been teacher, cheerleading sponsor, coach, and admin. assistant. Do wife and homemaker count? Oh and thanks Katrina for reminding me: I'm a writer and an editor! (Seriously, I even have my own business!)

KIDS: none, unless you count my husband!

LIVING ARRANGEMENTS: Suburban ranch. I'd prefer to live in the country but our spacious backyard makes suburban life bearable for this country girl.

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: My wedding day when I stood on my dad's arm at the back of the church and finally realized, after coordinating so many weddings for others, that this one was for me!

NAUGHTIEST CHILDHOOD BEHAVIOR: My sister and I got into my mother's Avon products and rendered them unsaleable! Oh, and once we were pretending to be the Hardy boys and of course boys go shirtless in the summer and we answered the door (for my mom's Avon customers) sans shirts!

OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAY: Never

PHOBIAS: Small tight spaces, anything having to do with underwater - fish, etc., especially deep sea creatures. Feeling like I won't be able to find my car in a parking lot!

QUOTES: The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. Abraham Lincoln

RELIGION: Knowing Christ as my personal savior, not because of anything I've done to deserve his grace but simply on the merits of his love for me.

SIBLINGS: One sister who is also my best friend

WAKE UP TIME: Usually about 6:00 am., if not earlier.

UNUSUAL TALENT OR SKILL: Calligraphy

VEGETABLE I REFUSE TO EAT: Probably okra, but then I've never had it - it just looks gross. I can't think of any other veggie I'd refuse.

WORST HABIT: Forgetting something everywhere I go. This gets to be embarrassing after a while.

X-RAYS: Hip and lower back

YUMMY STUFF I COOK: Meatloaf, grilled kebabs, blueberry poundcake, stuffed shells, lasagne

ZOO ANIMAL MOST LIKED: Tigers

3 comments:

Susanne said...

I bet those Avon ladies were rendered speechless! Hee! And not one overnight hospital stay? Wow! Nice to get to know about you and thanks for playing along!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm with you the handbag thing - I refuse to buy a purse that I can't fit a paperback in (well, unless it's for a formal event, I guess). Oh, and on Job Titles - you forgot to put writer/editor. Because you are.

And...if you figure out a cure for insomnia, let me know!

Unknown said...

Very fun. I liked the Hardy Boys stories. It reminded me of my sister and cousin and I playing Charlie's Angels.