Saturday, June 10, 2006

Little by Little

At my weigh-in today at Weight Watchers, I was happily surprised to learn I'm down to within half a pound of my 10% goal! Woo-hoo! Sometimes I can't believe that I'm PAYING to lose weight but after trying unsuccessfully for two years, I really needed to do something. I'm not that big of girl but even 10 lbs. slows me down and my back ends up hurting. Some simple math gave me a picture of where I'd be if I kept gaining at the same incremental rate.

The trade-off: I have not bought any new clothes since I started, which I certainly would have needed. I'm fitting in all kinds of old stuff now - old favorite stuff! So I figure what I've spent on meetings (and getting connected) is worthwhile.

1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Congrats, Dianne! That is awesome. And I know for me, paying for something makes me take it more seriously! I'm glad you are seeing the results of your hard work and discipline.