Saturday, September 02, 2006

You've Got Mail

You’ve Got Mail!

Yep, the movie. Anyone else like that one? I’m watching it for about the 3rd time tonight, and I finally figured out why I like it so much. Nope – not because Tom Hanks stars in it. And not because Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan appear together, although I really liked Sleepless in Seattle. Not even because I really love Meg Ryan’s wardrobe in this movie (I even own a grey pleated skirt like she wears in one scene). And not even because I really love the soundtrack to both of those films.

It just hit me tonight. I like it because it’s about a bookstore. Duh! Oh and possibly because she loves Pride and Prejudice and I’m determined to love that book too (once I finish it!) I mean, she owns a bookstore! What could be better than that? My friend I always say our dream life would be to own a little bookshop. I’d definitely want it to have designer coffee though, and be more than just a children’s bookstore. But wouldn’t that be awesome?

So . . . what's your favorite chick flick?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's not only about a bookstore (which I also love), but computer connection, which all of us bloggers appreciate, too! I am not a movie "buyer" of DVDs, so the ones I own (including that one) are ones I really love.

Others include My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Father of the Bride (with Steve Martin), Beaches, Notting Hill, and Pretty Woman.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a movie I'd like to see, since I enjoyed Sleepless in Seattle.
Regarding the bookstore, I'd probably be one of your best customers.

Susanne said...

I love this movie, too! Hubby and I first saw it on a romantic overnighter in the mountains at a cute hotel for our anniversary, so it's sort of special. And I'm so with you! She owned a bookstore!!! Sigh and dream!

My fave chick flicks? Ever After and Return to Me!

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I'd list You've Got Mail as my all-time favorite movie :) Closely followed behind are such favorites as Notting Hill, Sleepless in Seattle, Sweet Home Alabama, The Princess Bride, and various other chick flicks.

Some of my favorite oldie type movies are Casablanca, An Affair to Remember and Imitation of Life. I also like decidedly-not-chick-flicks like the Lord of the Rings movies and Star Wars.

Yes, we love movies around here! And I'm a huge bookworm, I adore going to the library or a bookstore. I would love to own a bookstore, and you're absolutely right. These days, you must have coffee, and great atmosphere, and big comfy chairs, etc.

Great post!!!

Jada said...

I happened upon your blog, probably from Blessed beyond measure or from another related blog. I love "You've Got Mail," too! I watched it 2 times this weekend! When it was first released, I went to see it at the theater with two online buddies - one from TX and the other and I from PA! We hadn't met before, so I was a little leary, but it worked out fine. We had a blast!