Monday, August 21, 2006

A Glorious Day

Quite unexpectedly I find myself off work today. My to-do list looms large in front of me, but I had to stop and blog, in thankfulness, about this glorious morning.

When we're on vacation, I love nothing better than to find myself a little quiet scenic spot to sit and read. Well, since dear hubby spent all summer turning our back "room-to-nowhere" into a nice open porch, I feel like I'm on vacation everytime I'm out here! The bugs are still buzzing in the trees, the birds are chirping noisily, happy that someone remember to fill the feeders, a few deer just scampered across my backyard and MacGyver is enjoying the chance to roam freely in the midst of all this! Aahh - glorious indeed.

And I get to sit out here and work. A lot of my to-do list today is writing stuff, so thanks to technology, my office can be anywhere I want to be! Yippee!

Below (from left to right) the old "room", the new open porch, and my view from the porch!





4 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh Dianne, it looks wonderful! I'm so happy for you. Mike did a great job!

Anonymous said...

What a glorious view! I'm sure you enjoy it each and every time you use your "new" porch :)

Susanne said...

What a lovely view from that porch! So peaceful looking!

Jeannine said...

You do have a beautiful view and what a nice new porch!