Monday, July 09, 2007

Sharing the Goodness

I have no thoughts of my own to share but have been inundated with good thoughts from around blogdom and some from my personal reading that I couldn't resist passing on to my blogging friends.

First, I am starting to work through Ephesians this summer and just loved this from Eugene Peterson's intro to the Message:

"What we know about God and what we do for God have a way of getting broken apart in our lives. The moment the organic unity of belief and behavior is damaged in any way, we are incapable of living out the full humanity for which we were created."

Then Tami at The Next Step posted these challenging thoughts today about the relationship between our need to feel needed and how we get connected in church. Tami's blog has been a breath of fresh air to me this summer; I hope you'll take the time to visit her blog and be refreshed.

Keri Wyatt Kent is a new-to-me author I've been enjoying recently. Her book, Listen: Finding God in the Story of Your Life, is next up on my summer reading pile. And she recently wrote a great post, Flowers on My Desk, about taking care of ourselves as women. You gotta go check it out and be blessed! (And yes, in case you were wondering why I'm hanging out at a Boomer Babe's Blog, I am one . . . born in 1964, made it just under the wire. Call me a lil' boomer, I guess!)

And lastly (well, the last one I'm going to point out tonight), my sweet, humble, and transparent friend Bev (a FIRL - yes, we met at church!) posted about taking those necessary steps and overcoming our fears, whatever shape they may take. Pay her a visit and be challenged!