Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fellow Traveler

I've been enjoying a new CD by a new-to-me artist (God keeps bringing new people, new authors, new ideas and new challenges my way). Ginny Owens reminds me a lot of Sara Groves, in that a lot of her songs are more personal reflection and almost conversational. Anyways, I heard this song and it struck me as being especially descriptive of the blogging journey and I just wanted to share it.

Fellow Traveler

You can't change who I am
Or the way that i think
I won't change how you live
Or the words that you speak
But neither of us is a stranger to joy or pain
No matter how we're different
We're very much the same

Chorus:
Fellow traveler let me take you to a place where Ive found rest
Fellow seeker let me show you where I've found true happiness
Fellow beggar I have good news, I know where there is bread
(I'll show you where there's bread)

I don't know where you've come from
Or where you've been along your way
But I can tell you what I've lived through
And how I made it here today
Let me share with you the story of hope I've come to know
A love that's always for me
And a peace that frees my soul

Chorus:

So if you are hungry come to the table with me
And you won't go hungry ever again