Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tell Me What You Think Meme

I've been double-teamed by Stacy and her sister Gail for a few memes, which suits me just fine because I don't have any posts finished right now. Stacy tagged me for this one: Tell Me What You Think!

1. As a child, what did you always say you wanted to be when you grew up? I can't remember thinking that far ahead as an early elementary student. From about 5th grade on, I always said I wanted to be a teacher. There was a time when nursing, for some reason, appealed to me but that didn't last long.

2. If you had to choose one thing that you've always dreamed of doing, what would it be? What is stopping you? Getting another degree. Laziness is probably my biggest obstacle, not to mention money.

3. Who is your biggest fan? Hmmm, I have to go with my sis on this one. My sister was not only biggest fan as a kid, she was also my greatest defender when other kids picked on me. Gotta love a little sister who shows up to beat the neighborhood bully on your way home from school! She continues to be a great encouragement to me.

4. What bible study or book (besides the obvious-the Bible) has most impacted your life to date? I'd have to say neither. It was a magazine, Discipleship Journal , which I've subscribed to now for over six years. When I started subscribing, we were between churches and I really wasn't growing at all in my spiritual life. Subscribing to that magazine was like having my own personal pastor or teacher, right in my own home. Even today, I still look forward to each issue.

5. When are you the happiest? When my household is organized and I have the time to do things I really enjoy doing, like cooking and being creative. That usually happens to some extent when I'm off work, so is it fair to say I'm happiest when I'm not working? Ha!

I won't tag anyone specifically but if you'd like to play along, I'd love to come check out your answers on your blog.

3 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you played! Please, please, please know that if I EVER tag you and you don't want to do the meme or whatever, for any reason, you absolutely do not have to do it! Having said that, I am glad you played and I loved reading your answers! How wonderful to have a sister who stands up to the neighborhood bully for you! And your "happy zone" sounds a lot like mine, you just said yours a lot better :)

Have a wonderful day and thanks for playing along on the tag!

gail@more than a song said...

Hey good one Dianne! Stacy tagged me for this one too. And yes, don't ever feel like you have to do any meme I tag you for either!
I loved seeing your answers!

Kelly said...

I really enjoy "Discipleship Journal." I don't presently have a subscription, but have in the past.

Didn't know you were a fellow Res-Lifer.