Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Come Thirsty!

I've gone and done something I've wanted to do for a while now - disable comments. Yikes! So feel free to come and read without any obligation to leave a comment. Think of it as eating out - no dishes to be done afterwards, and yet there's no need to worry about leaving a tip! My hope is that people come thirsty (or hungry) and leave blessed. Of course, my email is listed in the sidebar and you are welcome to email me at any time, about anything!

Why, you ask? Many reasons. For one (and the main reason), it's too much of a temptation for me to do posts that attract comments. Those usually aren't the kind of posts I love doing and yet sometimes I find myself giving in to them anyways. Another thing - I'm lazy (not to mention a little busy). I don't have time to read all the other blogs I'd like to, let alone leave comments consistently. So of course, I feel just a bit guilty when I don't take the time comment elsewhere and don't want anyone coming here feeling that way. A third thing, and this is the hardest to admit - although I enjoy the blogging community, it's not reality for me. I need to be more involved with a few face-to-face relationships. I'd rather have one good conversation or email exchange than 100 "great post" comments. I guess I'm just hungry for some deeper relationships in my life right now.

I have been using sitemeter.com over the past six months or so and it's been interesting. While I only look at the stats once in a great while (seriously, about once or twice a month), what I have found most fascinating is seeing the keyword searches that led people to my blog, as well as all the different countries people visit from. You never really know who's reading your blog. It's this fact that has caused me to want to be more "missional" in my blogging and writing. Don't ask me what that means - I'm waiting for God to 'splain that one to me! All I know is it's a direction I feel pulled in.

This may be the beginning of the end for me. Or I may just continue on this path for a while. Whatever the case, I greatly appreciate each and everyone of you who've visited in the past, especially those of you who've taken the time to comment. I hope you'll continue to visit, and I'll be around to visit you!