Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall into Reading 2007

I've been looking forward to this Fall into Reading Challenge for quite sometime. The beginning of the challenge has been just resisting the urge to dive right into all these books before the challenge begins. But it's also been challenging to read more purposefully, as well as holding off buying quite so many books. The other thing I'm doing differently this time is purposely rereading a few books.

Anyways, here's the list for starters. I don't feel obligated to read everything on this list, but what I do read this fall will most likely come from this list. I've decided to keep my most current (3-4) reads on Shelfari, and the complete list here on the blog. In the interest of saving my wrists, I'm not bothering to hyperlink them all, since they're linked to Amazon.com on Shelfari.

Writing:

  • The Renegade Writer - Formichelli & Burrell
  • The Sound of Paper - Julia Cameron
Fiction:
  • The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
  • Head Game - Tim Downs
  • Meet the Austins - Madeleine L'Engle (goal of reading the Austin series)
  • The Moon by Night - Madeleine L'Engle
  • A Ring of Endless Light - Madeleine L'Engle
  • Troubling a Star - Madeleine L'Engle
Devotional: Celtic Daily Prayer

Re-reading:
  • Listen:Finding God in the Story of Your Life - Keri Wyatt Kent
  • Surrender to Love - David Benner
Non-fiction:
  • The Jesus Creed - Scot McKnight
  • The Road Less Traveled - M. Scott Peck set aside halfway through, not what I was expecting!
  • The Life of the Beloved - Henri Nouwen
  • Under the Overpass - Mike Yankowski
  • Exiles: Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture - Michael Frost
  • Abba's Child - Brennan Manning
  • Sacred Rhythms - Ruth Haley Barton