Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Problem with Status Quo

Main Entry: status quo
Pronunciation: -'kwOFunction: noun
Etymology: Latin, state in which: the existing state of affairs

There's a verse in Psalms, that great book of reflection, that says of Israel ". . . because they do not change, therefore they do not fear God." (Ps. 55:19 NKJV)

I don't think I'm alone in resisting change. But what would my life belike if things never changed? It might be like a trip on a perfectly straight, flat road. Uneventful sure, but boring. Life, however, is anything but a perfect journey. Every bump in the road, every jolt and sidetracking serve to redirect my attention back to the One who sees the beginning from the end, the One who holds my future in the palm of His hand.

I'm really resisting some changes taking place in my life right now (not to mention making chasms out of potholes), but God in His goodness reminds me I don't need to fear change. I need to fear Him. Keep my eyes on Him and view change as His hand in my life.

No comments: