Friday, December 23, 2005

How 'Bout a "Ta-da" List?

Last night as I was preparing for bed, I caught myself mentally starting to plan my next day's "to do" list. The Lord has really been dealing with me about my lists! (See previous post on the subject). Anyways it was as though a light bulb went on and I realized what I was doing. Instead of winding down from the day and preparing to relax, there I was, going into mental overdrive. It seemed as if the Lord said to me, "How about reflecting on all I did for you today? All I helped you to accomplish?" That's it, I thought. At night, rather than make a to-do list, I just need to make a "ta-da" list - and celebrate God's goodness to me throughout that day.

Psalm 118:28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you.