Saturday, December 04, 2004

Miss Expedite

I have a customer at work who calls in three to four times a week, frantically needing something expedited. She talks about 100 miles per hour, and apologizes profusely as she mumbles her way through her list of open purchase orders. It's never her fault .. . it's always the system or some other phantom factor. My partner and I jokingly call her Miss Expedite!

But I got to thinking about this later and I realized I too can be a Miss Expedite at times. How many times do I come running to God with an emergency brought on by my own failure to walk with Him on a daily basis? Of course, God always comes through for me . . . sometimes simply with the assurance of His everlasting presence. I hope Miss Expedite knows we'll always try to come through for her!

No comments: